Hello friends, I hope you had a good weekend. Just wanted to write a little bit about some of the gear I have recently acquired and how that has helped and altered my workflow. I made countless mistakes when it came to buying gear so I hope this will point a few of you in the right direction.
First Here are the items that I recently invested in:
- Laptop – Razer Blade 15 – $1799 (On sale for $1599)
- Everything runs smoothly with loads of customization and a beautiful RGB keyboard and lovely display.
- High quality enclosure and hardware. Satisfying and accurate touch pad
- Impressive speakers with a great low end
- Ability to run most games I play with ease.
- Native Instruments Komplete 12 Software Suite – $575
- Industry Standard soft-synths, effects, and sampling instruments
- Wide range of sounds for any style of music
- Ease of use and ubiquity from their NKS partnership program means many other industry-leading midi controllers and electronic instruments will work seamlessly with NI plugins and have pre-map parameters.
- One could get by having only this for music making — it’s that good.
- Waldorf – Blofeld Synthesizer Module – $499
- Compact, yet powerful, digital synthesizer.
- Categorized Patches i.e. allows one to designate a patch to a specific category, there are already categories like leads,keys, or bass but you can make custom categories as well
- I use this synth for the special sounds in a song that you want to stand out from the rest.
So far the combination of a very satisfying laptop experience, with easy to use and customize digital instruments, has really increased my efficiency. I’m no longer frustrated by my laptop not being able to handle what I throw at it. It took a really long to find a laptop I truly enjoy so big ups to Razer for making solid products . The one-two combination of Native Instruments soft synths and Waldorfs powerful Blofeld desktop Module delivers all of the efficacy the world has come to expect of German engineering. Having those tools as the base of my sound design really helps me get into a groove because the Native Instrument tools work so consistently well. It has taken me years to find a setup that helps me get ideas out so well so if you’re in the market, I highly recommend any of the these three items. I’ll try to make a video soon showing them in action.